Download and print:
• Video Guidelines FOR THE ONLINE EVENT: Everything you need to know about how to plan your video
• Video Examples– Here are some links to different videos from students ranging from K through 8th grade.
• Student Invention Log Required for 2021! –A very important way to document the process. Download and save this to your computer and type into it before printing or print and write. Click here for info on how to upload Invention Log at Registration.
• Educator’s Guide to the Invention Log NEW!!! This has extra vocabulary, display guidelines, and lots of Creativity Tools
• Original Invention Development Guidelines
• Goodwill Industries Re-Invent Guidelines
• Judging Rubric Use these categories to help your students with their presentations
• Student Registration Form (Attach this to back of final invention trifold. Bring second copy to day of event) For Onsite events only
• Invention Timeline
• Day of Event Schedule
• Student/Family Contract (optional) (the student brings this home at the beginning of the process) For Onsite events only
Kids talk about why they love to invent!
Buffalo Museum of Science-Aside from the great science exhibits, Makeshift Lab offers workshops and a great place to tinker.
By Kids For Kids-An educational and family marketing company that connects its clients to teachers, students, and households with innovative marketing, corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs, and national competitions.
Camp Invention-Program offered by the National Inventors Hall of Fame
Inventor Ed-Kids Inventor Resources
US Patent Office-A site for kids with games, trivia and great links to other sites
National Inventor’s Hall of Fame-Links to many invention & patent resources, workshops and camps.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT)-A site with info on awards, outreach and links to inspire the next generation of inventors
Boy Scouts-Boy Scout Merit Badge and resources for Inventing
Girl Scouts-Girl Scout Merit Badge and resources for Inventing
WNY STEM-Children’s Books on Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and the Arts
Education Closet-Providing Arts Integration and STEAM professional development for educators
What is Intellectual Property?- Learn the terms and types of intellectual property