Download and print:
• Inventor’s Guide to My Invention Story – A workbook to document your invention process
• Educator’s Guide to the Invention Guide– NEW!! – Lesson plans (Grades K-3 and 4-8), creative and critical thinking skills, vocabulary, display guidelines, and activities to supplement and coordinate the student’s Inventor’s Guide to My Invention Story and promote invention education.
• Original Invention Development Guidelines – Includes guidelines for Display Boards
• Goodwill Industries Re-Invent Guidelines – Includes guidelines for Display Boards
• Video Guidelines – Everything you need to know about how to plan your video. Required for National Competition only.
• Video Examples– Here are some links to different videos from students ranging from K through 8th grade.
• Judging Rubric – Use these categories to help your students with their presentations
• Invention Timeline& Event Day Schedule
https://inhub.thehenryford.org/curriculum-resources/invention-convention-curriculum Find curriculum and other info about National Invention Convention
https://cainventionconvention.org/educators/ California has many lessons to browse through!
http://www.nysed.gov//curriculum-instruction/ See how these standards apply to Invention Education
PPCO A way to evaluate ideas and provide constructive criticism
SCAMPER tool and a great video that shows it in action. A fun way to generate many ideas!
Take-Apart A way to teach observation and understand how things are put together
Literacy & Invention. Together! Many children’s books- each with different invention tools and lessons to encourage solving challenges within the stories
Kids talk about why they love to invent!
Buffalo Museum of Science-Aside from the great science exhibits, Makeshift Lab offers workshops and a great place to tinker.
Top 10 Inventions By Kids-A fun video that shows 10 surprising things invented by kids!
Camp Invention-Program offered by the National Inventors Hall of Fame
Inventor Ed-Kids Inventor Resources
US Patent Office-A site for kids with games, trivia and great links to other sites
National Inventor’s Hall of Fame-Links to many invention & patent resources, workshops and camps.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT)-A site with info on awards, outreach and links to inspire the next generation of inventors
Boy Scouts-Boy Scout Merit Badge and resources for Inventing
Girl Scouts-Girl Scout Merit Badge and resources for Inventing
Institute for Arts Integration and STEAM-Providing Arts Integration and STEAM professional development for educators
What is the Public Domain on the Internet?-Understand what is and what isn’t protected by copyright law