Download and print:
• Original Invention Development Guidelines – Includes guidelines for Display Boards
• Goodwill Industries Re-Invent Guidelines – Includes guidelines for Display Boards
• Video Guidelines – REQUIRED for 2023! Everything you need to know about how to plan your video
• Video Examples– Here are some links to different videos from students ranging from K through 8th grade.
• Inventor’s Journey Log – REQUIRED for 2023! –A very important way to document the process. Click here for info on how to upload Invention Log at Registration. (This format is NOT required. Please use the info for reference if you are creating your own format)
• Educator’s Guide to the Invention Log– NEW!!! This has extra vocabulary, display guidelines, and lots of Creativity Tools
• Judging Rubric – Use these categories to help your students with their presentations
• Student Registration Form (Attach this to back of final invention trifold. Bring second copy to day of event)
• Invention Timeline
• Day of Event Schedule
https://inhub.thehenryford.org/curriculum-resources/invention-convention-curriculum Find curriculum and other info about National Invention Convention
https://cainventionconvention.org/educators/ California has many lessons to browse through!
http://www.nysed.gov//curriculum-instruction/ See how these standards apply to Invention Education
PPCO A way to evaluate ideas and provide constructive criticism
SCAMPER tool and a great video that shows it in action. A fun way to generate many ideas!
Take-Apart A way to teach observation and understand how things are put together
Kids talk about why they love to invent!
Buffalo Museum of Science-Aside from the great science exhibits, Makeshift Lab offers workshops and a great place to tinker.
Top 10 Inventions By Kids-A fun video that shows 10 surprising things invented by kids!
Camp Invention-Program offered by the National Inventors Hall of Fame
Inventor Ed-Kids Inventor Resources
US Patent Office-A site for kids with games, trivia and great links to other sites
National Inventor’s Hall of Fame-Links to many invention & patent resources, workshops and camps.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT)-A site with info on awards, outreach and links to inspire the next generation of inventors
Boy Scouts-Boy Scout Merit Badge and resources for Inventing
Girl Scouts-Girl Scout Merit Badge and resources for Inventing
Institute for Arts Integration and STEAM-Providing Arts Integration and STEAM professional development for educators